What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our website are designed by:
- Mole Energy, or on behalf of Mole Energy, and are necessary to enable you to make purchases on our website;
- third parties who assist us in detecting and preventing fraud;
- third parties to participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Mole Energy.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposed essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
- For Mole Energy to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To help Mole Energy detect and prevent fraud through web and social media advertising.
- To enable Mole Energy to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Mole Energy to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
What cookies do we use on our website?
You can view a detailed list of all of the cookies we currently use here:
If you want to know more about how Google will use your personal data if you give consent on our site you can view Google’s Privacy & Terms site for more information.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose Tools > Internet Options
2. Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose More (three dots in top right corner of browser) > Settings
- Under ‘Security and Privacy’ click ‘Cookies and other site data’
- Select an option:
– Allow all cookies
– Block all cookies (not recommended)
– Block this party cookies in Incognito
– Block third party cookies (If you block third party cookies, all cookies and site data from other sites are blocked, even if the site is allowed on your exceptions list)
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Under ‘Privacy and Security’ click ‘Content Settings’
- Click ‘Cookies’
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose Tools > Options
- Click on the icon ‘Privacy’
- Find the menu ‘Cookie’ and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose Files > Preferences
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on what cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our
Information about cookies
Internet Advertising Bureau
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at www.youronlinechoices.com
Information about cookies
For further information please contact our specialist team by phone or email or visit our FAQ page:
01803 732 946