We’re passionate about the environment and Mole Energy is committed to supporting people and organisations in increasing self-sufficiency and reducing their carbon footprint. While we spend our working lives helping others to live more sustainably and self-sufficiently; we are always striving to do more:
We aim to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements
- Continually improve and monitor our environmental performance
- Continually improve and reduce our environmental impacts
- Incorporate environmental factors into our business decisions
- Increase employee awareness and training
Here are just a few examples of how we are making a difference:
- We have installed a 20kW solar PV system at our South Devon offices, so we’re powered by green energy
- We have installed electric vehicle chargers at our offices, as many of our Mole Energy vehicles are hybrid models, to help us reduce our emissions when we’re out and about
- We have installed LED lighting at our offices and at some of Mole Valley Farmer’s largest stores
- Our surveyors use tablets to complete their quotes onsite, limiting the amount of paper we use
- Wherever possible, we recycle our commercial waste. This includes electronic waste, including our customers’ old solar panels and inverters (which have been replaced by our Service and Repairs Department)
- Wherever possible, we choose suppliers that have a similar green ethos to ourselves. For example, our main printing supplier only uses paper which is Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certified, which means it can be traced from the raw material through to the finished product. FSC forest management certification confirms that the forest is being managed in a way that preserves biological diversity and benefits the lives of local people and workers, while ensuring it sustains economic viability.
- We have our milk delivered to the office in good old fashioned glass milk bottles, so we don’t buy plastic bottles
- Some of our team cycle to work, whatever the weather!
For every Solar PV, Battery Storage and Electric Car Charger installed over the year ahead, we will be supporting South Devon’s National Trust Conservation Program.
We’re committed to adopting greener practices wherever we can and will shortly be updating this page with additional initiatives.
For further information please contact our specialist team by phone or email or visit our FAQ page:
01803 732 946